Saturday 18th May 2019
At the National Civil War Centre, Newark
The Battlefields Trust & Friends of the National Civil War Centre are running a conference covering some of the events during the second year of the English Civil War.
- 1000 – 1020 Registration and tea/coffee
- 1020 – 1030 Welcome; Housekeeping.
- 1030 – 1050 Where 1642 Ended and What the Two Sides Needed to Do – Len Davis
- 1050 – 1150 The North (Fairfax’s V Newcastle) including the Battles of Seacroft Moor and Adwalton Moor – Dave Cooke
- 1150 – 1250 The South (Essex v The King) including the Siege of Reading and the Battle of Chalgrove – Simon Marsh
- 1250 – 1350 Lunch
- 1350 – 1510 The South West (Waller V Hopton) including the Battles of Lansdown Hill and Roundway Down – Chris Scott
- 1510 – 1530 Political Developments including the Peace Negotiations.- Len Davis
- 1530 – 1630 The Midlands and Newark including the First Siege of Newark and the Battles of Hopton Heath and Ancaster Heath – Kevin Winter
- 1630 Closing Remarks and Plans for Next Year
For details of how to book, and for many other events at the National Civil War Centre, visit http://www.nationalcivilwarcentre.com/events/battlefieldstrustfriendsofthenationalcivilwarcentreconference-1643.php